Townsville Airport Taxis
A 13cabs’ Townsville Airport transfer is the perfect way to travel hassle-free. Our taxi Drivers will get you door-to-door in safety, comfort and connect you with other transport with ease. And you’ll know your fare before your airport shuttle arrives.
Can you share rides from Townsville Airport?
Sharing a ride is easy with 13cabs. All you need to do is enter multiple destinations when you book via the 13cabs app or online via our website.
Can you order a car seat for your child?
Car seats and baby seats aren’t required in Queensland taxis, but if you want to bring your own, just let us know before. All our cabs include Australian-standard anchor points.
How much is a taxi fare at Townsville Airport?
There’s no need to guess your taxi fare when you book via our website or the 13cabs app. That’s because you’ll get a Price Guarantee. Enter your destination, pickup address, and preferred taxi service, and you’ll know what your fare will be straight away.
How much is a taxi from Townsville Airport to the city?
Depending on where you’re going in the CBD, and how heavy the traffic is, a cab from the Townsville Airport will be around $20 AUD, door-to-door. Use your Price Guarantee to discover your exact fare. There may be a $3 airport toll on top of the fare.
We're here to help you
Where do you pick up your taxi at Townsville Airport?
The taxi rank at the Townsville Airport is just near the arrivals section of the terminal. The collection point is near the rental car park nearby.
How far is Townsville Airport from the city?
It’s about a 15 minute cab ride from the airport to the heart of Townsville. And with 13cabs, it’s hassle-free and door-to-door.
How do I get from Townsville Airport to the Magnetic Island Ferry?
Booking a taxi with 13cabs to the Magnetic Island Ferry Terminal is the same as booking a cab anywhere in Townsville. And there’s a few ways to do it:
- 13cabs app. Download the app for fast, one-tap bookings
- Our website. Online booking is just as easy, and you can manage multiple bookings at once.
- Our phone number. Call 13 2227.
Let us know where in the airport you are, so we can find you and give you an accurate Price Guarantee. You can book up to 7 days in advance, or let us know if you’re ready now.
Why pre-book a taxi to meet you at Townsville Airport and transfer you to your destination?
Pre-booking a 13cabs taxi service is a great way to take the stress out of travel, and gives you the peace of mind knowing you’ll easily get to where you need to go. Pre-booking means:
- No queues. Don’t stand at the taxi rank waiting with hundreds of other people.
- Comfortable ride. No need to jam into a shuttle bus or other shuttle services.
- Professional Drivers. Our local Drivers are fully trained.
- A big range of taxi services. As Australia’s biggest taxi fleet, 13cabs has your travel needs covered.
- Price Guarantee. No surprises
- Safety first. Our focus is the safety of our passengers and our Drivers.
Is it more expensive to book at taxi in Australia at night?
When you book a cab with us, you’ll have peace of mind knowing your fare will be the same no matter the pick up time.
What range of vehicles are available to transport all your luggage, family, and friends?
Wherever you need to go in and around Townsville, 13cabs will get you there. Our taxi services include:
- Regular cab. Choose a sedan, perfect for up to four passengers and carry-on airplane luggage.
- MAXI TAXI. A minibus is perfect for large groups. They can carry up to 11 passengers or 6 if you’ve got a lot of luggage.
- Wheelchair Accessible Taxi. Modified vehicles and trained Drivers.
Places to visit in the Townsville and surrounds
North Queensland is a big Australian tourist drawcard and it’s easy to see why. And with so much to do in and around Townsville, the region is a big Queensland tourism hotspot. As well as Magnetic Island and the magnificent Great Barrier Reef, Townsville has a lot of amazing things to see and do. Check out the city’s culture with museums such as the RAAF Museum at Garbutt and the Townsville Museum at Currajong. If you love nature, you’ll love the region, with attractions such as the Ayr Nature Display. 13cabs can get you there, and help you connect to other public transport options to visit places such as Cairns or the Whitsundays.