If you use a wheelchair or mobility scooters to get around, then taxi services are closer than you think when you choose 13cabs. Use our booking service and our accredited drivers can get you where you need to go, safely and on time.
Two Types of Vehicles
Can I bring my companions in the WAV with me?
Yes, we do allow companions to travel with you in the WAV. However, we do request that you mention the number of companions when booking a ride.
Is my assistance animal allowed in the WAV with me?
Yes, however the Driver may ask you to present your furry friend’s identification card.
What kind of lift is installed in the WAV's?
Our Vehicles are fitted with either a hydraulic lift or ramp for easy wheelchair access.
- 24/7 customer support – speak to a real person!
- Personalized service
- Trained professionals
- Set and Book from your favourites
- Share trip details with family & friends
- Book and manage multiple bookings at once
What is a wheelchair accessible taxi?
13cabs believes everyone deserves a comfortable and safe ride. That includes people with a permanent disability, those who require a mobility aid to get around, and those with special needs.
A wheelchair accessible taxi (WAT) is a key part of our mission to ensure everyone has a comfortable and safe ride. Whether you live in Melbourne, Perth, Sydney, regional NSW, our taxi service, is the transport services you can depend on.
Our wheelchair accessible taxis are different from a regular taxi and include:
- Hydraulic lift. Or a ramp for access in and out.
- Anchor points. To keep you and your wheelchair or mobility scooter in place.
- Accredited drivers. So you know you’re in good hands.
How much does a wheelchair accessible taxi cost?
Passengers with a wheelchair can feel confident knowing 13cabs is a service provider that puts people first. The taxi fare for a wheelchair accessible vehicle will be the same as it is for any of our other regular services. All you need to do is:
- Open the app or web page
- Make sure your address is correct or move the location pin
- Type in your destination
- Choose the wheelchair taxi service
When you book online, you’ll get an estimation of what the fare may cost. If you book via our app, you’ll receive a price guarantee. Both are great for peace of mind and your budget.
Our wheelchair accessible taxis accept all taxi subsidies and vouchers from all states, such as the Taxi Transport Subsidy Scheme (TTSS) in New South Wales.
Choosing 13cabs also adds value because of what we believe about pricing. We have a strong commitment to:
- No surge pricing. Why should you be penalised for travelling when you need to?
- No Cancellation Fees. We’re happy to take you next time.
- No Late fees. We’re all late from time to time.
Do taxis take wheelchairs?
Wherever you’re going, and whenever you want to get there, 13cabs has a range of other services that cater to everyone, including:
- Taxis. Get roomy cars and great service every time.
- MAXI TAXI. Perfect for group or family travel. Take all your luggage with you.
- Airport Transfers. Book early so you never miss your flight. And make the most of the convenience at the other end, as well.
- Silver Service. Get to where you need to in style with these premium rides.
- Parcel delivery. We can take whatever you want, anywhere, anytime.
All these services are great at what they’re designed to do, so it’s always good advice to book a wheelchair taxi when you rely on a wheelchair or scooter. When you do, you’ll get a vehicle that is designed to take you and your wheelchair safely. It also means you’ll have an accredited driver, one who is trained to help you, and load and unload your wheelchair safely.
Can you pre-book a wheelchair accessible taxi?
You certainly can. And it’s easy. Wherever you’re going, pre-booking a wheelchair accessible taxi will give you the peace of mind of knowing you’ll get there on time. You can book up to 7 days in advance a few different ways.
- 13cabs app. It’s the best way to book. Download our free app and make the most of the convenience.
- Online. Our website is just as easy to use.
- Call. 13 2227 anytime.
Are wheelchair accessible taxis available from the airport?
The 13cabs app is a great way to book ahead, to make sure there’s a wheelchair accessible taxi waiting for you when your flight arrives. You can book it yourself, or get someone else to do it while you’re in transit. Download the app from the Google or Apple store, set it up once and it will be even easier to use next time. All you need to do is enter some key details such as:
- Contact number
- Email address
- Preferred payment method
- Credit card details
And you can leave notes for the driver, to tell us everything we need to know.