Download the top rated 13cabs app here:
Can I use my MTPT Card?
Yes! The cardholder must be in the taxi cab for the entire trip to eligible for discounted cab fares. For further information, please click here .
Can I book an SUV?
Yes! An SUV is available for you to select via the 13cabs app or when you call 13 2227 and make a request.
Do you provide child seats?
Victorian cabs and Drivers are not permitted to supply child restraints, seats or capsules, so you are encouraged to bring your own. All cabs are fitted with an anchor bolt or restraint to support you.
- Set and Book from your favourites
- Share trip details with family & friends
- Book and manage multiple bookings at once
What is the best way to order a taxi in Melbourne?
Ordering a taxi cab in Melbourne is simple. You can stand on the street and hail a cab, but making a taxi booking from the comfort of your home or office, at any time, is a much easier option. You can:
- Use our app. It’s free and is available for every trip.
- Book online. It’s just as easy
- Call. Whether you’re in Frankston, Geelong, or anywhere in Vic, call us on 13 227.
How much is a taxi from Melbourne airport to the CBD?
One of the great things about using the 13cabs app, or booking online, for an airport transfer, is you’ll know how much your fare is likely to be. There’s no worries about having enough cash on hand, or stressing as the meter rises. For a price guarantee on the app, all you need to do is:
- Open the app
- Enter your address or move the location pin
- Enter your destination
- Choose your taxi service.
The price guarantee will then appear next to your booking details.
How much does a taxi cost per km in Melbourne?
As mentioned above, the fare estimator is a great way to help you know upfront how much your trip is going to be. There’s no need to do the maths based on per km, traffic conditions, time of day etc. We call it our price guarantee. It’s not available in all places, but it is available in:
What different types of taxis are available?
With Australia’s largest cab fleet on the road, 13cabs is the best taxi service for choice. When you order a cab with us, you can choose a range of different vehicles, including:
- Regular taxi. Family sized cars and great service.
- MAXI TAXI. Out with friends or family? Jump in a cab together.
- Airport Transfer. Save the hassle of finding the rideshare zone at the airport.
- Wheelchair Accessible Vehicle. Accredited drivers are here to help.
- Silver Service. Arrive in style.
- Parcel delivery. We’ll deliver anything, anytime,
Can I book and pay for a taxi online?
You sure can. Booking online is simple. You can do it from any computer or device, and it can save you the worry of having to carry cash or swiping your card in the cab. All you need to do is:
- Click on the Book Now button
- Put your address in
- Enter your destination
- Choose your service
- Book for now or later (enter date and time if later)
- Add your name and phone number
- Leave any driver instructions
- Select payment details (credit card or Apple/Google Pay)
- Click Book
You can then see the details of the taxi assigned. Our Quick Book function allows you to you sign up now, to make it even faster next time.
Can you pre-book a taxi to a major event?
You certainly can, and using our app is the best way to do it. Book up to 7 days ahead, and we’ll help you get there on time. Use the app to book a cab home afterwards as well, and our taxi drivers will be there to pick you up. There’s no need to stand in taxi queues.
Does 13cabs charge surge pricing for major events or for public holidays?
Why should a great day or night out be ruined by having a surcharge added to your fare? At 13cabs we don’t believe in surcharges of any kind. We also don’t believe in:
- Late fees
- Cancellation fees