Get to the Sydney Opera House with Sydney's taxi, 13cabs
If you’re travelling to the Sydney Opera House, grab a 13cabs taxi for hassle-free door-to-door services. Know the cost of your taxi fare before your ride with our Price Guarantee. Perfect for an airport transfer or a night out.
Can I share a ride to the Sydney Opera House?
Sharing a ride to the Opera House, or anywhere we service in Australia, is easy with 13cabs. All you need to do is enter extra pick-ups when you book with the 13cabs app or online, or tell our customer services staff when you call 13 2227. You can also let your Driver know when they arrive to pick you up.
Can you order a car seat for your child?
Car seats aren’t required in taxis under NSW law, but we’re happy to provide one for you. Let us know when you book. You can also bring your own, with all our cabs fitted with Australian-standard anchor points.
How much is an airport transfer to the Opera House?
When you book with the 13cabs app or online, you’ll know the taxi price before you ride. That’s because of our Price Guarantee. The price you’re quoted is the price you’ll pay. Our Price Guarantee is in AUD and includes any tolls or airport fees. A taxi fare from the airport at Mascot into the Sydney city centre and the Opera House will be approx. $50, depending on traffic.
We're here to help you
Can you pre book at taxi from the international airport to the Opera House?
You can pre-book a 13cabs taxi to and from the international or domestic airport up to 7 days in advance. And it’s simple. You can choose:
- 13cabs app. Fast, one tap bookings and a heap of extra features.
- Book via our website, choose your service, and manage multiple trips.
- Phone number. Call us 24/7 on 13 2227.
How far is the Opera House from the SYD airport?
The Sydney Opera House is in the heart of the CBD, about 15 kilometres from the airport. That’s a travel time of about 25 minutes on a weekday, traffic depending.
What is the cheapest way to get from Sydney Airport to the Opera House?
Choosing 13cabs to get from the airport to the Opera House means you’re choosing a taxi company that doesn’t believe in surcharges. That’s great news if you’re catching a show during a busy Friday or Saturday night, or when a festival is on. 13cabs also won’t charge you cancellation or late fees if your plane or your show is running behind schedule. We understand plans can change. All our taxi rates include tolls as well, so there are no surprises with our Price Guarantee.
Why pre-book a Sydney taxi to and from the Opera House?
When you pre-book a 13cabs airport transfer to or from the Opera House, you don’t have to wait in queues at the taxi rank or airport station. And there’s no squeezing onto other public transport options. An airport taxi is a door-to-door private transfer service. And there’s a heap of other benefits as well, including:
- Professional Drivers. Our Drivers know Sydney backwards and will get you between the Opera House and the airport the quickest way possible.
- Big fleet. 13cabs has Australia’s largest taxi fleet, which means a range of different services ready when you are.
- Safety first. The safety of our passengers and Drivers is our number-one focus. And all our Drivers are vaxxed.
- Clean and comfy. Our modern cabs have plenty of room, and cleanliness is a priority of all our Drivers.
What range of vehicles are available?
13cabs taxi services offer you a range of cabs to make your trip comfortable and hassle-free. They include:
- Full-sized sedan. Lots of room for you and your luggage.
- Perfect if you need a bit more space or have a few more passengers.
- MAXI TAXI. A great option if you have up to 10 people wanting to ride together.
- Wheelchair Accessible Taxi. Get to and from the Opera House with ease.
- Silver Service. Ride in style with a luxury vehicle and endorsed Drivers.
What are the highlights of the Opera House?
The Sydney Opera House is one of the most visited and photographed places in Australia. And not just because it’s home to a range of opera and performing arts groups. There’s a lot to do:
- Take a tour
- See a show
- Snap a selfie
- Bring the kids
- Visit the gift shop
- Grab a drink or a meal
And a 13cabs taxi can help you do it all.
Places to visit in Sydney and surrounds?
While you’re visiting the Opera House, enjoy Circular Quay and the Harbour Bridge. Pop over to Darling Harbour and grab a cab to Bondi Beach.