A 13cabs wheelchair taxi on the Gold Coast can get you anywhere you want to go. Our cabs have trained and experienced Drivers who are focused on great service. Book via the 13cabs app for a Price Guarantee and benefit from Australia’s largest taxi fleet.
Request a special vehicle type
Pre-book your ride
No cancellation fees
Can I bring my companions in the WAV with me?
Of course, you can. Just let us know how many are coming along when you book.
Is my assistance animal allowed in the WAV with me?
Accessibility is important for all our customers. Your assistance animal is more than welcome in any of our cabs in any of the areas we service in Queensland and across Australia. Remember to bring your furry friend’s identification card with you.
What kind of lift is installed in the WAVs?
Our wheelchair-accessible taxis are all fitted with either a hydraulic lift or ramp to make wheelchair access easy. And all our Drivers are trained to operate them and get you in and out safely.
- Save to your Favourites
- Easily share your trip details
- Manage multiple bookings
How do you pre-book a wheelchair accessible taxi in the Gold Coast?
Whether you’re arriving at the Coolangatta Airport, off to the shopping centre, or want to pop out and visit friends, pre-booking a wheelchair accessible taxi with 13cabs is simple. You can book up to seven days in advance a few ways:
- 13cabs app. Choose the wheelchair accessible vehicle from our list of services.
- Online. Go to our website and follow the prompts. It’s easy.
- Over the phone. Call 13 2227 and speak to our trained customer service staff who are ready to help.
Does a wheelchair accessible taxi cost more than a regular taxi service on the Gold Coast?
We’re a taxi company that believes in great service. And that goes for all our taxi services across Qld. If you rely on a wheelchair or mobility aid then you can be assured you’ll get the same great service at the same price as regular taxi. When you choose 13cabs you won’t be charged any extra fees for riding in a wheelchair accessible taxi. And if you book via the 13cabs app, you’ll get a Price Guarantee. That means you’ll know exactly how much your taxi fare will be the second you book. All you need to do is:
- Click on the app
- Tell us your pick-up address
- Enter your destination
- Choose our wheelchair taxi service
When you do, you’ll notice a fare price next to that service. That’s your Price Guarantee. Save your preferred payment options and you won’t even have to worry about paying the Driver when you arrive at your destination. And all our cabs accept relevant taxi subsidy schemes, including those from the NDIS.
What different wheelchair accessible vehicles are available?
There are a couple of different wheelchair-accessible vehicle transport options when you choose 13cabs. You can choose between a modified MAXI TAXI and a regular cab. A MAXI TAXI will have more space for wheelchairs, mobility scooter and passengers. If you’re not unsure what is the best option for you, speak to our trained staff on 13 2227 and they’ll help you out.
What are the benefits of using a wheelchair accessible taxi?
At 13cabs, we believe everyone deserves a safe and comfortable ride. There are plenty of benefits to choosing a 13cabs wheelchair accessible vehicle including:
- Easy access. Our hydraulic lifts, ramps, and professional Drivers make getting in and out simple.
- Accredited Drivers. Our Drivers are trained to help you in every way.
- Anchor points. Our cabs have multiple anchor points to suit all wheelchairs, mobility scooters, and aids.
- Easy bookings. Book via the 13cabs app, online, or over the phone on 13 2227 up to seven days ahead.
- Big fleet. With Australia’s largest taxi fleet, we’re here to help.
- Home grown. We’re an Australian company that cares about Australians.
What are the places in the Gold Coast you can visit with a wheelchair accessible taxi?
Gold Coast takes accessibility seriously, which means there’s no limit to the fun and adventure you can have on the Gold Coast. And 13cabs can get you there, door-to-door. Visit the theme parks, check out the amazing beaches at Burleigh Heads, Surfers Paradise and Southport. Enjoy the Currumbin Wildlife Sanctuary and Tamborine Rainforest Skywalk.